Hello, my pretty chickens! Welcome to a new segment on Thin Paperbacks called Mail Time with Linh, where I patiently wait for packages to come and unwrap them! Today I bring you July’s LitJoyCrate unboxing, a book subscription box company for readers of all ages, from toddler to adult. As a LitJoyCrate rep, I was sent the Young Adult box, filled with books and lovely bookish trinkets with it. Each month comes with a theme the box is centered around, and July’s them was “Magic and Mayhem.” Thank you to the lovely crew over there for sending me their awesome crate!
Let’s get on with the unboxing!
- First off, I would just like to say, their packaging is gorgeous. I love navy blue, and there’s cute little doodles all over the box that instantly adds to the vibe and excitement of opening it.
- July’s book is Riverkeep by Martin Stewart, and is paired with a signed book plate and a letter from the author. All of the following items are inspired by the book, and I am excited to read it.
- The first bookish item I see in the box is a Fish Hook Leather bracelet! It’s a simple, minimalistic leather band with a fishing hook charm at the end that you can wrap around and hook on your wrist, and on the hook, “hope” is engraved. I wear this quite often, actually, since it goes with nearly everything. The next thing was a Moby Dick-inspired temporary tattoo, which I have applied here in the photo.
- Next in the box is vibrant Riverkeep-inspired button that is designed by Evie Seo.
- The last item in the box is The Wonderful Wizard of Oz with the custom design by Rock Paper Books. This classic’s cover has been turned into a modern work of art and is so eye-catching! I’m glad to add it to my collection of pretty classics; it is definitely my favorite item in the box.
And that’s a wrap on the unboxing guys! I loved all the items in the box; I feel like they complemented each other quite well. Plus, I’m eager to begin Riverkeeep. If you ever want to subscribe to their fantabulous box, you can use my promo code “LINH10” for 10% off your first order. The August boxes are on sale, and they’re going quick! Next month’s YA theme is is Gothic Murder Mystery, and is suppose to be featuring novel based in the Victorian Era (squeal!) filled with psychological suspense and the vibes of Downton Abbey. If you have younger children as well, one of my favorite features about LitJoyCrate is that they offer three boxes for different age groups; don’t be afraid to check them out!
Until next time,